SDG Strategy – Founder/Chief Strategist (2014-present)
- Helping values-driven leaders take the next step.
BetaBlox – Advisor/Mentor (2016-2020)
- Guided entrepreneurs in building companies with focused vision to maximize their opportunity.
Oklahoma Christian University – Entrepreneur in Residence (2015-2019)
- Encouraged and guided students, faculty, and staff to realize startup dreams and gain startup experience.
- Mentored 3 winning business plan competition teams in state-wide competitions.
- Collaborated with university leadership in support of existing funding sources and development of new business models.
- Launched 2 software startups leveraging university developed intellectual property.
Sprint TechStars Accelerator – Mentor (2014-2015)
- Mentored startup founders.
- Supported the managers of the accelerator as the program launched and grew.
TeleChoice – Vice President/Chief Strategist (2000-2002)
As the strategic catalyst for the telecom industry, TeleChoice accelerated strategic decision making for startup and established telecom companies.
- Developed business and market strategies for large and small technology providers and operators.
- Collaborated with innovative startups, venture capital firms, and industry giants to help drive innovation across the industry.
Sprint – Vice President, Corporate Strategy (2003-2014)
- Led strategy formulation and strategic planning
- Managed monitoring of internal and external environment
- Identified opportunities and threats
- Developed strategic alternatives
- Analytically evaluated options
- Collaborated across the company to develop appropriate plans
- Coordinated with product/GTM/technology in pursuit of organic opportunities
- Collaborated with corporate development/finance/legal teams in pursuit of inorganic (M&A) opportunities
- Acted as company champion to the global innovation ecosystem and helped launch the Sprint Accelerator
Williams Communications – Vice President, Strategic Development (1995-2000)
- Led cross-company strategic planning
- Formulated business, product, and market strategy
- Developed Internet hardware, software, and content solutions for business customers
- Built computer telephony integration systems for corporate clients
Altimeter Software, LLC – Co-founder/CEO (2016-2019)
- Developed and provided SaaS+Mobile software solution for universities to strengthen community health.
VisuALS Technology Solutions, LLC – Co-founder/CEO (2017-2019)
- Developed an affordable integrated hardware and software device to enable patients with debilitating conditions to communicate using only their eyes.
Christian Homeschool Network, LLC – Co-founder (2009-2016)
- Led team of homeschool students in creating an online social network – “the Facebook alternative for Christian families.”
Seek First Networks, LLC – Founder (2002-2003)
- Developed Internet-based tools to enable small churches and ministries to better connect with those they serve.
Digital Frontiers, LLC – Co-founder/CTO (1995)
- Launched the first web development firm in Oklahoma.
- Developed first-in-the-world innovations with clients including a local hospital’s “Internet nursery” and a trade publisher’s portal for the Oil and Gas industry.
Oklahoma Christian University – Edmond, Oklahoma
- Masters of Business Administration: Finance Focus
- Cumulative GPA 4.0/4.0
Virginia Tech – Blacksburg, Virginia
- Bachelor of Science: Electrical Engineering
- Study Abroad at the University of Essex, Colchester England
- Firmware Development Internship at Alnor Oy (Nuclear Power Industry) in Turku, Finland
- Software Development Internship at Delex Systems (Defense Industry) in Vienna, Virginia
- Cumulative GPA 3.51/4.0
- US 8,244,832 Providing Location Information to Website Providers
- US 8,166,189 Click Stream Insertions
- US 8,126,129 Adaptive Audio Conferencing Based on Participant Location
- US 9,880,799 Extendable Display Screens of Devices